July 11 Agenda

Regular Meeting

RSU #74 Board of Directors

July 11, 2018

6:00 pm

at

Carrabec Community School

              AGENDA

1.)  Adjustments to the agenda.

 

2.) To see if the Board will approve the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of June 6, 2018.

REPORTS:

3.)  Presentation:  None

                       

4.)  Reports: Written Reports were mailed to Board Members and are available online at           www.carrabec.org

 

A.)    Superintendent’s Report

 

1.      Appointments:

Julieanne Pearson-Belanger – Lead Teacher at GSS   

Deborah Haynie – Lead Teacher at Solon

Mary Keenan- Ed Tech Authorization Chair

Tanya Carey – New Teacher Mentor

Brian Twitchell – Certification Chair

                         Sophie Handrahan – 2nd Grade Long Term Sub at GSS

 

2.      Resignations:

Nate Stubbert – Athletic Director/Alternative Ed

Kirk Robinson – Elementary PE Teacher

 

3.      Nominations:

 Julie Richards – Part – Time Athletic Director- Stipend

Richard Mason – Industrial Technology Teacher at CHS

John Berube – English Teacher at CHS

Angela Bedard – Social Worker at CCS

Doug Woodsum – Special Education Ed Tech II – District    

 

B.) Administrators – N/A

 

C.)   Committees: None

 

5.) Citizens comments on agenda items.

The RSU #74 school board will follow school board policy BEDH/KD, in that public comment will be limited to no more than 30 minutes in total length and that all comments must relate to the business to be conducted by the RSU #74 school board at the stated meeting on the current agenda.

ACTION ITEMS:

6.)  To see if the Board will elect the Board chair and vice chair. This will be a written ballot.

 

7.)  To see if the Board will approve the Board Sub Committee assignments for 2018-2019.

 

8.)  To see if the Board will approve ½ time Reading Recovery Teacher at GSS.

 

 

9.)  To see if the Board will approve a $5000 High School Music Teacher stipend.

 

 

 

 

10.)  To see if the Board will re-approve the copier/printer RFP bids.  

           

 

 

 

11.)  To see if the Board will authorize it’s chair to officially send communication to MSAD #13 to invite them to discuss sharing a Superintendent.

 

 

DISCUSSION ITEMS:

 

12.)  To see if the Board will discuss Student Handbook updates.

 

 

 

 

13.)  To see if the Board will discuss the ESEA update (Jean Butler).

 

 

 

14.)  Adjournment

 

Comments