If you have any questions for your child's teacher, or other RSU #74 staff member please call 635-3278 between 8AM and 11AM Monday through Friday
A Message from the Superintendent
A Message from the Maine Commissioner of Education Pender Makin
3/30/20: Free Internet & What To Do If You're Sick
Updates to the Distance Education & COVID-19 pages include Health & Information Resources, which has a new resource for what to do if your sick, the & Digital Solutions section of our Guardians page, which has a new resource regarding free internet access.
DEAR RSU #74 FAMILIES, COMMUNITY MEMBERS, AND STAFF
RSU #74 schools will remain closed through at least April 26th, 2020, and probably longer.
Next week we will be giving more information as we prepare for the coming weeks.
Once again thank you for your support and patience.
MEALS & EDUCATION RESOURCE PACKETS
- Meals will be provided M -W- F at 5 curbside locations (Solon Elementary, Carrabec Community, and Garret Schenck Elementary Schools, New Portland Fire Station, and the Embden Community Center) from 11:00 am - 12:00 noon.
- If you have other food needs, please call Ms. Agren at (207) 431-8812, or the central office at 635-2727.
- If you DO NOT wish to participate or otherwise have your children receive school meals please contact your child’s school.
SCHOOL RESOURCE PACKETS
- We are working diligently to create distance learning plans that will be mostly “paper and pencil” that all children can do at their level at home to help maintain their learning this year.
- We plan to begin distributing these packets to your child’s home at the address listed in our school database.
- Distribution will begin Monday, March 23.
- We are NOT prepared to send school laptops home at this time.
- We will be establishing a teacher Call Center so that your child’s teacher can be reached directly by calling (207) 635-3278 from 8am-11am M-F.
- At this time, to limit the potential spread of the virus, we will not be collecting school work back.
- In addition, please provide us with any changes in the daytime location of your child (who may be at a different caregiver during the day etc.)
Welcome to the RSU #74 District website.
RSU #74 Mission Statement
The school community of RSU #74 will work together to raise the aspirations of all students by providing them with lifelong learning skills so that they may become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
Our Staff Spotlight for the month of March is Mrs. Priscilla Ellis, a teacher on the seventh grade team at Carrabec Community School. Let's find out why Mrs. Ellis is such a valued member of the RSU #74 staff!
With a degree in elementary education and Special Education from the University of Maine at Farmington, Mrs. Ellis first came to RSU #74 in the fall of 1981, hired for the position of Special Education teacher at the Mark Emery Elementary School in North Anson. She later moved to a classroom teaching position, working with grades 5-8 students and teaching at Mark Emery, Solon, and Carrabec Community School during her career. Her Special Ed background enabled her to recognize learning difficulties and to plan strategies to help students to surmount obstacles to their academic progress. Skilled in teaching both literacy and math, Mrs. Ellis has worked diligently to support her students in gaining proficiency in all of their academic endeavors. She holds students to high standards and shows concern not only for her students' learning progress but also for their social and emotional well-being.
In addition to being an excellent teacher, Mrs. Ellis is well-respected by her colleagues and recognized for her work ethic, professionalism, sense of humor, and organizational skills. She is a team player who goes above and beyond the call of duty and always pitches in to help with school activities that will benefit students. She served as the Certification and Staff Development Team Leader for the district for many years, worked on support teams for new teachers, served on the District Steering Committee, and taught Summer School. A scheduling whiz, Mrs. Ellis has been recruited every year to help develop the daily schedule for CCS. Over the years Mrs. Ellis also lent her time and musical talent as the piano accompanist for district concerts.
Mrs. Ellis is a superstar on the Carrabec Community School and RSU #74 staff. She constantly strives to learn new and more effective teaching practices and to improve her instruction to better serve her students, who are fortunate to have such a dedicated teacher. We salute her as our Staff Spotlight for the month of March.