Policy - CBA
CBA - Superintendent Qualifications and Duties
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/2/18
CANCELS SHEET DATED: 9/21/83, 3/6/96
REVIEWED BY POLICY COMMITTEE: 4/10/18
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES OF SUPERINTENDENT
JOB TITLE: Superintendent of Schools
1. Education: Master’s Degree with a major in educational administration
2. Certification: Maine certification as a Superintendent of Schools
1. Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years experience in education with at least five (5) years in administration
2. Leadership: Evidence of ability to provide educational and administrative leadership
JOB DUTIES: 1. Provide leadership and administer the educational programs and support services of MSAD #74 in compliance with School Board policies, Maine State statutes, and Federal regulations.
2. Recommend policies to the School Board based upon the needs of the school system.
3. Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with students, parents, community, and school personnel.
4. Work with Administrative Team to effectively and cooperatively aid in the coordination of MSAD #74 programs.
5. Perform such related duties as may be reasonable assigned from time to time.
LINE OF AUTHORITY: To the School Board for the overall administration of all aspects of MSAD #74’s educational programs.
SALARY: Established annually by the Board of Directors
FRINGE: Established annually by the Board or Directors
WORK YEAR: 52 weeks