Policy - EEAAC-R
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/2/18
CANCELS SHEET DATED: 9/3/03
REVIEWED BY POLICY COMMITTEE: 4/10/18
RSU #74 BUS CONDUCT REPORT
Student Name: _________________________________________ School: __________________________________
Bus No.: _______________ Driver: __________________________________ Date: ___________________________
Students in RSU #74 who ride buses are subject to Rules & Regulations designed to provide safe transportation to and from school. Any behavior which distracts the driver is a serious hazard to the safe operation of the vehicle and jeopardizes the safety of all passengers. Inappropriate behavior on the bus could result in your child being denied bus riding privileges for a period of time. See reverse for Code of Conduct and bus rules.
- Failure to carry out bus driver’s directions
- Failure to remain seated
- Failure to keep aisle clear
- Eating, drinking or chewing gum (except on long supervised field trips/sports trips)
- Name calling
- Tampering w/Emergency Door or other part of bus
- Vandalism or destruction of property
- Pushing, shoving, and/or tripping
- Continued loud, annoying, or distractive noises
- Extending arms, legs, or head out of the bus
- Use of perfume or aerosol sprays (can cause asthma attacks for some students)
- Fighting, hitting, punching or kicking
- Harassment /Sexual Harassment
- Obscene Gestures
- Throwing of objects in or out of any bus
- Sexual touching/assault
- Possession or use of alcohol, drugs or tobacco
- Possession or use of weapons or dangerous implements
- Fighting or other physical action resulting in injury
Disciplinary level is determined by the severity and/or frequency of misconduct. All disciplinary levels require parent notification.
DISCIPLINARY LEVEL CONSEQUENCES:
LEVEL I: Student issued a written warning by the bus driver (signed copy returned for re-entry to the bus), copy to principal’s office. Driver will call parents to discuss concern.
LEVEL II: Level II or continued Level I misbehaviors. One (1) day bus suspension, call to parents, written notice to parents.
LEVEL III : Level III or continued Level II misbehaviors. Conference with Principal/Dean and driver, five (5) days bus
suspension, meeting with Transportation Supervisor and Principal/Dean prior to return.
LEVEL IV : Level IV or continued Level III misbehaviors. Immediate bus expulsion. Reinstatement will require a meeting with Transportation Committee, parent, student, and Transportation Supervisor.
Disciplinary Action: _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Driver’s Comments: _____________________________________________________________________________________________
Driver’s Signature: __________________________________________Administrator’s Signature:
Parent/Guardian’s Signature: ___________________________________
This form must be signed by parent/guardian and returned to the bus driver prior to resuming transportation privileges.
Please contact the Transportation Office with any questions or concerns at 635-2727, Ext. 2
White: Return to Bus Driver Yellow: Parent/Guardian Copy